Vegas Golden Knights General Manager Kelly McCrimmon announced today, February 24, the following roster transactions: the team has acquired goaltender Robin Lehner and prospect Martins Dzierkals. The Chicago Blackhawks acquire goaltender Malcolm Subban , prospect Slava Demin and the Golden Knights’ second-round draft pick in the 2020 NHL Entry Draft (originally belonging to the Pittsburgh Penguins). The Toronto Maple Leafs acquire the Golden Knights’ fifth-round draft pick in the 2020 NHL Entry Draft.
Lehner, 28, has started 31 games with the Blackhawks, posting a 16-10-5 record to go with a 3.01 goals-against average and a .918 save percentage this season. He has appeared in a total of 298 games and has a record of 113-120-45 to go with a 2.73 GAA and a .918 save percentage in his NHL Career with the Blackhawks, Ottawa Senators, Buffalo Sabres and New York Islanders. Following the 2018-19 season, he was awarded the Bill Masterton Memorial Trophy, which is awarded annually to the NHL player who best exemplifies the qualities of perseverance, sportsmanship, and dedication to ice hockey and William M. Jennings Trophy, which is to the goaltenders having played a minimum of 25 games for the team with the fewest goals scored against it based on regular-season play, while with the New York Islanders.
Dzierkals was a third round (68th overall) draft selection by the Maple Leafs in the 2015 NHL Entry Draft. He has recorded 10 points (3 G, 7 A) in 31 games with the SM-liiga’s Jukurit. Last season with the KHL’s Dinamo Riga, he recorded 13 points (5 G, 8 A) in 42 games.
Robin Lehner, Goaltender
Birthplace: Gothenburg, SWE
Weight: 240 lbs.
Draft: Selected by the Ottawa Senators in the second round (46th overall) of the 2009 NHL Draft
– Started 31 games with the Chicago Blackhawks (16-10-5) with a 3.01 goals-against average and a .918 save percentage during the 2019-20 regular season.
– Has appeared in a total of 298 games (113-120-45) in his NHL Career with the Ottawa Senators, Buffalo Sabres, New York Islanders and Chicago Blackhawks.
– Awarded the Bill Masterton Memorial Trophy and William M. Jennings Trophy following the 2018-19 season while with the New York Islanders.
– Named the AHL Playoff MVP during the 2011 season with the Binghamton Senators
Martins Dzierkals, Forward
Birthplace: Riga, Latvia
Weight: 170 lbs.
Draft: Selected by the Toronto Maple Leafs in the third round (68th overall) of the 2015 NHL Draft
– Has recorded 10 points (3 G, 7 A) in 31 games with the SM-liiga’s Jukurit
– Recorded 13 points (5 G, 8 A) in 42 games with the KHL’s Dinamo Riga during the 2018-19 season