Where Las Vegas comes to talk!

On Air Now: Bucket Strategy Investing

2 kids burned by drink at buffet are released from hospital

03/20/2017 at 6:44 | Posted by KDWN

LANCASTER, Pa. (AP) — Officials say two children severely sickened after drinking what they believed to be apple juice at a Chinese buffet have been released from a Pennsylvania hospital.

The 10-year-old boy and 4-year-old girl were taken March 3 to Penn State Hershey Medical Center after their mouths and throats were burned at the Star Buffet & Grill in East Lampeter Township near Lancaster.

Hospital officials said the boy was treated and released, and the girl was in good condition Friday. On Sunday, a spokeswoman said she was no longer listed as a patient.

Police said Department of Agriculture tests indicated that the store-bought juice wasn't the cause of their injuries.

The department referred questions to police, who haven't commented further. Authorities have since closed the restaurant, citing possible building code violations.

Comments

comments