List of 24 latest people to receive Carnegie Hero medals
Winners of Carnegie Hero medals announced Wednesday:
– Jeffery A. Houlemard, 34, of Hesperia, California, saved a 4-year-old neighbor from a dog attack in the boy's yard in February 2015.
– Glenda Clement Beech, 61, of Borger, Texas, who died trying unsuccessfully to rescue two granddaughters and her brother from a house fire in December 2014.
– Larry J. Koos, 55, of LaMotte, Iowa, who saved another county employee from a gunman who fired shots before killing himself at a county supervisors' meeting in Maquoketa, Iowa, in September 2014.
– Richard G. Williams, 58, of Stratford, Connecticut, and Anthony F. DellaMonica Jr., 57, of Madison, Connecticut, who saved a man from a burning clam boat in Long island Sound near Milford, Connecticut, in June 2014.
– John D. Alonzo, 42, of Glenolden, Pennsylvania, who subdued a mentally ill gunman who fatally shot his caseworker and wounded a psychiatrist at a hospital in Yeadon, Pennsylvania, in July 2014.
– Glenn L. Graham, 56, of Detroit, Michigan, who died while unsuccessfully rescuing his grand-niece from a house fire in April 2015.
– Adam James Tarnowski, 31, of Onoway, Alberta, who helped rescue a man from a crashed and burning truck in Stony Plain, Alberta, in July 2014.
– Christopher Mark Rickman, 45, of Brooklyn Park, Maryland, who died while unsuccessfully trying to rescue two neighbors from a burning home in February 2015.
– Levi Parker Teuton, 35, of Myakka City, Florida, who rescued a man from a crashed and burning truck in April 2015.
– John W. Gallie, 28, of Toronto, Ontario, and Craig Alexander Morash, 43, of Goodwood, Nova Scotia, who rescued several people from a burning home in Glace Bay, Nova Scotia in May 2014.
– Stephen Ross, 57, and Keiren J. Tompkins, 59, both of Halifax, Nova Scotia, who rescued a man who fell through ice covering Uisge Ban Falls in Baddeck, Nova Scotia, in January 2014.
– Patrick Smith, 44, of Pembroke, Ontario, who rescued a man from drowning in the Ottawa River in July 2013.
– Gary Spurling, 40, of Bellingham, Washington, who rescued a man from a car during a flash flood in Ferndale, Washington in November 2014.
– Frederick Wetzel, 50, of Dexter, Oregon, who rescued a man from a crashed and burning minivan in Cottage Grove, Oregon in November 2014.
– Daniel Patrick Greene, 54, of Uxbridge, Ontario, who rescued a man who fell through ice while driving an all-terrain vehicle on Buckhorn Lake in Trent Lakes, Ontario in January 2015.
– Ronaldo J. Freitas, 45, of Somerveille, Massachusetts, who rescued a woman from a crashed and burning vehicle in March 2015.
– Gary E. Richie, 54, of Cocoa, Florida, and Jacob Daniel Richie, 35, of Palm Bay, Florida, who rescued people in a minivan from a gunman following a minor traffic accident in Orlando, Florida, in January 2015.
– Brady Olson, 43, of Lacey, Washington, a teacher who saved people when a student brought a loaded revolver to a high school in April 2015.
– Kirk P. Yankasky, 49, and his son, Jonathan T. Yankasky, 22, of Glendale, Arizona, who tried to rescue a woman from a gunman in her house in Scottsdale, Arizona, in February 2015.