Here are the government’s rankings of the leading airlines and their on-time performance in June. Some airlines, including Spirit and Allegiant, are not included because they operate fewer flights. The federal government counts a flight as on-time if it arrives within 14 minutes of schedule.
1. Hawaiian Airlines, 95.3 percent
2. Alaska Airlines, 86.0 percent
3. Virgin America, 81.6 percent
4. Delta Air Lines, 80.7 percent
5. AirTran Airways, 80.6 percent
6. US Airways, 78.0 percent
7. JetBlue Airways, 77.2 percent
8. SkyWest, 73.9 percent
9. Frontier Airlines, 70.9 percent
10. United Airlines, 70.1 percent
11. American Airlines, 67.6 percent
12. Southwest Airlines, 66.8 percent
13. ExpressJet, 65.1 percent
14. Envoy, 62.2 percent
Total for all reporting airlines: 71.8 percent
-Southwest and AirTran are owned by Southwest Airlines Co.
-American, US Airways and Envoy are owned by American Airlines Group Inc.
-Envoy was formerly American Eagle
Source: U.S. Department of Transportation
The report can be found at: http://1.usa.gov/1lEpA6o