Stars react to nominations for the 66th Primetime Emmy Awards, announced Thursday in Los Angeles:
– “If the phone rings, I completely forget what’s going on. I think someone is in trouble, someone is in jail, I’m in trouble, what could possibly be wrong? I immediately go to that place, and it’s my publicist saying congratulations. I go to the dark place. – Matt LeBlanc on getting the early-morning call with news of his nomination for lead actor in a comedy series for Showtime’s “Episodes.”
– “If I celebrate today, it would be probably simply going out to dinner, which I know probably doesn’t sound that thrilling to most people, but for me it really is a lovely day. I love going out to dinner. There is also the chance that the celebration takes place by lying in bed playing Candy Crush and reading, which also makes me very happy.” – Jim Parsons on how he plans to celebrate his two Emmy nods: Lead actor in a comedy for “The Big Bang Theory” and supporting actor in a miniseries or movie for HBO’s “The Normal Heart.”
– “My friend who was cat-sitting for me when I was out of town last weekend noticed that I had some champagne and orange juice. He suggested that I start making mimosas and have that be my morning. How fortuitous that I have those things in my fridge. I didn’t plan it. It works out great.” – Allison Tolman, nominated for her supporting role in “Fargo.”
– “Everybody’s going crazy.” – Lead actress in a comedy nominee Taylor Schilling on the set of “Orange Is the New Black,” which received 12 nominations, including hers.
– “I’d just been to the gym and was sort of avoiding my phone until I got home, and then my husband swung the door open and said, `You did it! You did it!'” – Joanne Froggatt on how she learned of her supporting actress nod for “Downton Abbey.”