American Airlines Group Inc. announced changes to the frequent-flier programs and checked-bag policies on Tuesday.
Here are some of the highlights of changes to American’s bag fees:
- A new charge of $25 to check a bag from the U.S. to Mexico, the Caribbean or Central America, starting immediately. A second bag is still $40.
- The fee for checking a second bag between Europe and the U.S., Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands, Canada or South America rises to $100 from $60 for tickets bought on or after June 6.
- Between Mexico, the Caribbean or Central America and Europe, the second bag rises to $100 from $40.
- Starting immediately, American is dropping a $70 fee for checking a second bag between South America and the U.S., Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands or Canada.
- For some destinations, American advises travelers to check with its reservations department.
For American’s changes in bag fees:
For US Airways’ baggage policies: